Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OSBiz V2 UC booster card

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTDude

Technical User
Dec 4, 2011
US
I'm a bit stumped and I hope someone can shed some light.

Working on a freshly defaulted Openscape Business X5 V2 with a UC booster card. I'm a little confused by the administration documentation. It mentions IPV6 being required. The network I am working on is not configured for IPV6. The docs say "he Admin port of the system must be connected to the second LAN port of the UC Booster Card using an additional Ethernet cable. This causes the UC Booster Card to automatically receive an IPv4 IP address via the IPv6 protocol." This seems a bit odd, but I did as it said and connected a cable from the LAN switch to LAN1 and another cable from LAN2 to the admin port on the PBX.

The red light on the UC card went out and is green now. However, on the home page of the web interface for the PBX there is a warning that the UC card is not reachable via IPV4. When I go in to the UC Suite configuration wizard it hangs and the IPV4 address of the UC card is not pingable. I tried using the option to reload the card from the Service menu, but it doesn't appear to do anything.

What am I missing here? Do I need to login to the card from its serial port and manually update the IP address? Do I really truly need IPV6 (hope not)?

Hi,
IPv6 is only needed during the start of the ocab.
If your network is not IPv6 aware you can use the workaround with the second
LAN cable between OCAB port 1 and admin port of the mainboard.
You have to switch off the system before you connect the second cable.

That did that trick.

...also didn't help that I had the ports reversed. Diagram in the service manual is right side up, but the card goes in upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back