Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS4000 V11 BPOOL not switching

Fazyo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 26, 2006
IN
Hi,

I am installing an OS4000 V11 system with two softgates. I am planning to keep both softgates in BPool for redundancy for IP Phones. I have configured one card for HFA terminals and BPool is also configured.

But I am facing a problem that the board switchover is happening only once. The scenario is as follows.

vSTMI 1-17-4 and vSTMI 1-18-4 is configured and normal and stand by gateways.

BPOOL 1 is configued with same vSTMIs.

At first sat 1-17-4 is in normal and 1-18-4 in standby ready. At this time when i disconnect the LAN of LTU 17 (softgate) the vSTMI 1-18-4 changes to normal and 1-7-4 changes to standby defect.

When i connect back the LAN of LTU 17, 1-17-4 comes to standby ready and 1-18-4 continues to be Normal.

At this point when i disconnect the LAN of LTU 18 (softgate), 1-18-4 changes to Normal Unach. The 1-17-4 continues to be stand by ready. This status doesnot change and HFA phones remains down.

At this point if I delete the Bpool and create again switchover will happen but again only once.

the procedure i used is as follows

ADD-BCSU:ipgW WITH FCTBLK having HG3530
ADD-CGWB:NORMAL

ADD-BCSU:IPGW with FCTBLK having standby
ADD_CGWB:STANDBYRDY;

ADD-BPOOL:AP, pool no, ltua=17, slot 4 , ltub=18, slot 4

Any help is highly appreciated.

There is no auto switchback for softgate redundancy, you have to make a manual push.

Hi Moriendi,

Thanks for the reply.

Does it mean that we have to keep monitor the status of vSTMIs and switch back manually?

what is the command for switching back to normal state.

Thanks

Yes, if you wanted to switch back, you have to make sure whatever the problem was is now resolved, then make an exec-ussu:sgred,SHELFNO,home;
From memory, you make a push from the switched-to shelf, you are telling those extns to reconfigure to home LTU. So if you had a switch from 17 to 18, you make an exec-ussu:sgred,18,home; to push the extns back to 17 again.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back