Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS-X Compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCD

MIS
Feb 19, 2001
US
I have the below software, and was wondering if anyone has any knowledge as to wether they are all compatable with OS-X. We want to buy a new mac, but don't want to buy a bunch of new software.

Adobe Photoshop 6.0....soon to be 7.0
Adobe Illustrator 9 and 10
Quark Xpress 4.0
Acrobat Reader 5.0
Adobe InDesign 1.5...soon to be 2.0
Adobe Pagemaker 6.5
Freehand 8
Macromedia Flash 4.0
Netscape Communicator 4.6 and 6.2
UMAX Magic scan 4.4
Adeptec Toast/Roxio Toast 5
ATM Deluxe 4.5

Thanks for the help.
Andrew

Hi

all your programms can run under OSX system machine, if you install OS 9.1 or 9.2. The only thing is that some programs like Freehand 8 will not use the full possibilities of OSX. It was just the same thing when Apple changed to the PPC mode.

hope this helps
grillhouse

Dear LCD,

I just received my Photoshop 7.0 upgrade. It seams very well integrated into OS X. P7 includes a browser that is quite handy and a heck of lot more useful than iPhoto--sorry Apple, this was software before its time again.

DrY

Thanks, for the help. I got the new mac, and it seems to be working with most of the old software except quark doesn't seem to want to install correctly. Once again, Thank you.
-Andrew

Adobe Photoshop 6.0....soon to be 7.0
hahaha.....Yes
Adobe Illustrator 9 and 10
Yes
Quark Xpress 4.0
Yes
Acrobat Reader 5.0
Yes
Adobe InDesign 1.5...soon to be 2.0
Yes
Adobe Pagemaker 6.5
Yes
Freehand 8
Yes
Macromedia Flash 4.0
OS 9.....its now OS X compatabil
Netscape Communicator 4.6 and 6.2
Mozilla better
UMAX Magic scan 4.4
?
Adeptec Toast/Roxio Toast 5
Yes
ATM Deluxe 4.5
?

ATM Deluxe - no. Its been dropped by Adobe. You'll need to get Extensis Suitcase for OS X instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back