Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS X 10.3 QXP 6 postscript fonts PDF problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

daanmuller

Technical User
Nov 1, 2003
NL
Hi,

I installed 10.3 this weekend on my home (iMac DV) machine to play test workability with QXP 6 and Suitcase. I run in to the following (for me huge) problem.

PDF files I make (either with Export from QXP or through distiller) lose all tekst that is set in postscript fonts or it gets bitmapped. System fonts do show up ok.

Can anyone confirm these problems with QXP 6 and OS X 10.3 or is it something in my setup?

thank, Daan

I have checked that the problem lies within the generated PS file. When I run it through distiller in the studio (distiller 4 on a os 8.6 system) it also bitmaps the font. But it doenst generate a missing font error or replace it with courier, what I would expect it to do.

Problem solved, was no Quark problem after all. A combination of a bad postscript font used in testing and some problems with Adobe PDF stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back