Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS Image software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internexus

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2004
US
Does anyone know of any programs that you can create a base image of a system you want to put out into the network and basically use it whenever necessary after a cpu crash etc so you have less downtime in a network environment? The only one I can think of is Norton Ghost and I really don't like that program much... So trying to find something else. Thanks for any info guys.

I've heard of "Acronis True Image" (spelling). Never used it, but it's supposed to be better than Ghost.

I took a look at it today and it is truly nice software but its rediculously expensive! $719 per server you want to do an image of and $54 per workstation. Needless to say we will have to find something else to use :( Anyone else have any other ideas?

Take a good look at Bootit NG (Next Generation)at: for $34.95. It not only will image your drive (including OS) but does on-the-fly" partitioning of the hard drive, partition images and multi-booting. I borrowed that info at: I'll let you do the reading, but this software rocks! Depending on your geek level, also see their products "Image for Windows" and "Image for DOS (even XP's DOS, lol), and other specials.
... and speaking of support, TeraByte Unlimited, the company that makes these products has movies showing 'Step by Step' use of their products. ...see their 'Support' link. No, I don't work for them, but I can say 'ditto' to restoring a system fast.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back