Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS 10.4.11/photoshop7/photoshop Elements incompatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey13

Technical User
Nov 17, 2008
2.16GHz iMac 2GB Ram. PS7 and Elements were both working fine until recently. Now any attempt to add text with layer styles, to an image (in either program) leads to lock-up. All options are greyed out and I can't close PS or save the image. I am assuming that a recent OS10 upgrade has caused the problem, but I can't relate the problem to a specific upgrade because I have not tried to add text for a couple of months.
Any ideas please?

Good place to start is the preferences file, they have a habit of going corrupt, so you can trash them and when PS is run again it will create a new copy of the file. It is located in Users/(username)/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings.

Close PS, navigate to the folder above and drag the preferences file to your desktop for now. Restart PS and see if the behavior repeats.

One word of warning - this sets PS to factory defaults, and customization of the preferences will be lost.

Twist

===========================================
Everything will be OK in the end.
If it's not OK, then it's not the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back