Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Orinoco and SNMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangrus

MIS
Jul 12, 2002
US
I am running into problems trying to set an snmp value to an orinoco AP-1000. I am trying to change the IP of the AP using the SNMPSET command but it doesn't seem to wanna take. I know the application is much easier but i want to be able to automate the manageability of these boxes.
Also, if you look at a network trace of the orinoco app, the value for the snmp set/get are extremely long to see the value in most sniffers. Any one venture into these this far yet?

All I use are Ap-2000's. They are managed oin three different avenues. I ALWAYS use the HTTP interface.That is the web browser interface and it is really easy to initialize, configure and manage all points of the AP. Changing the ip would take about two minutes at the most. Did you get the Orinoco client manager software cd? Fire it up and look under management or initialization. It is managable via the internet. I love it.

Good Luck,
Mac MAXIMUM ACCESS, LLC.
North Louisiana's High Speed
Wireless Internet Service
318-728-8600 318-728-9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back