Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Organization : E-mail and Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

DajOne

Technical User
Jun 11, 2002
CA
In my work, I handle dozen of different projects. For each project, there are e-mail exchanged that I need to keep and there are files (doc, txt, xls, etcc_) that I need to update locally and save.

My problem is that I have a similar 'tree' for my e-mail and hard disk adn I often dont remember where I saved the file or which one is the latest.

Is there a way to merge files and e-mails at the same location?

I'm not sure about "merging" the files. If you want to keep all the info in the same location, you could save your emails in the file folders. When your email is selected, go to File --> Save as. Change the "Save as Type" to "Message Format" and select the folder you want to save it in. Outlook will use the subject as the filename so you might want to change that as well so it's easier to locate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back