Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Organization Chart Connecting lines not moving with nodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkalel

Technical User
Nov 17, 2003
US
I am trying to automate our organizational chart slides based on information in an access database. Since some of the slides are pretty crowded, I need to move the subordinates closer together.

Problem is, when I do it through visual basic, the nodes move, but not the connecting lines. I am using the following simple line:

shpOrgChart.Diagram.Nodes(X).Shape.Top = NewLocation

where shpOrgChart is a variable of type "shape" holding the organizational chart object, X is the specific node number, and NewLocation is where I want the top of the node to be.

After running the program all of my nodes are placed correctly, but the connecting lines are still back where they started.

Manually moving the nodes results in the connecting lines moving properly, but this pretty much defeats the purpose of automating the chart.

I have tried using Sendkeys("{up}{down}") after selecting (.select) all of the nodes, but only the last node is correct when the program finishes.

Anyone know how I can (using VBA) force the connecting lines to the correct position?

dkalel

The connectors don't follow. When I'm done, the connectors are still where they were when the node was created.

dkalel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back