Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Orders in SOP do not retain commissions splits

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolineS

Programmer
Aug 31, 2001
CA
This is a known issue with Great Plains. Any split information entered into the Commissions window on an Order will be lost when that Order is transferred to an Invoice.

I'm trying to track Orders all the way through their cycle, to determine what number never get transferred to Invoice because of quality control problems, as well as which Orders, and how many, end up as paid Invoices. (There is a 30-day free trial period with the company I'm developing reports for, and the invoice is sent with the product. If the product is returned, the invoice is voided, so not all Invoices become paid.)

BUT. I want to show an Order as only 0.5 of an order for any given Sales Rep if they split the sale with someone else, otherwise the total number of successful Orders is inflated when I report broken out by rep.

This is partly a Crystal question, except how to explain the whole GP way of working, plus the flaws in its current version. Anyone know of a way I can end up with a report in Crystal which accurately reflects the sales splits? (What would be ideal, for several purposes, is if there were a field akin to SOP10100.ORIGNUMB/SOP30200.ORIGNUMB which provided the Invoice number that an Order had been tranformed into).

Hope that makes sense, and I hope someone can help!!

I'm working in Great Plains Dynamics 6.00g40 and Crystal Reports 8.5.

Thanks,
Caro

An amendment to my post: the overall count of Orders will not be incorrectly inflated, since the Order will only show one rep getting 100% of the commission. But I'm still looking to accurately reflect splits as they exist on the Invoice.

Also, apparently this "commissions not being transferred from Order to Invoice when Invoice is made" is a feature, not a flaw. Apparently it's in their documentation. For the life of me I cannot imagine why!!

?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back