Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Order Entry Locks Up When Entering Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maz61

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2007
US
Macola Progression 7.7.500/MS SQL 2005 SP3.

I was wondering if someone could run a test for me before I submit a bug request to Exact. I been having this issue for years now where Order Entry locks up when entering comments. I am finally able to replicate it consistently now. Here are the steps.

Bring up an existing order in Order Entry.
Go to page 2.
Double-Click on the last item.
Hit Enter.
Click on comments.
Enter comments.
Escape.

At that point Order Entry locks up.

I cannot recreate this. I would export, initialize and import the oelincmt table and see if this is still happening. It is very important that you do this in order - export, initialize, then import.

I would try the same thing with the oeordhdr and oeordlin as well, but make sure everyone is out of Macola first.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

I tried the export, initialize and import. Still have the same issue. I even tried with empty files and created one order and still have the issue. It happens even using the Macola demo data and in 2 different environments. I'm pretty sure there is a bug in the software. I want to see if someone else can replicate it.

Do you have the MSL system check utility? This checks the indexes of the tables versus the actual MSL layer. I would run this next.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

I don't have this utility.

Ask your Macola reseller or Exact regional office. It takes a few minutes to run and will tell you if there are any issues, but it doesn't change anything, so it is very safe to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back