Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Order By automatically filled in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackie

MIS
Feb 9, 2000
US
What causes the Order By property to be filled in on a form?

When the user employs the Access menu find option the Order By property sometimes gets populated. The form contains a subform. The value it is populated with references a form that no longer exists in the database.

How can I prevent the Order by property from being populated when the user employs the find option?

Order By is a property and does not 'populate.' I am not being picky - just want to know what your underlying question is. If you want to chnage the order to the order of the table under the recordset and you are in a form view, you can do a

me.orderbyon = false.

Rollie E

My question is "Why does the "Order by" property get filled in after the user does a "Find"?

It doesn't "get filled" I am not at all sure what you are describing.

Rollie E

When the user is in form view and uses the "Find" option, the next time the user enters the database and launches the form, an error message window requesting input for a variable is displayed. The variable references a form that is no longer in the database.

When this happens, the Order By property for the form gets populated. Any other time, this property does not have a value.

Jackie,

I just do not understand the phenominon that you describe as 'gets filled.' If you would like to send me a zipped sample, I will see if I can solve your problem.

rollie@bwsys.net

I am having trouble duplicating the problem.

I will be in touch when I can get the problem to recurr.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back