Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

order a view

Status
Not open for further replies.

compudude86

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2006
i have a view that i need ordered by ascending when i access it. right now it sorts by ID i believe. here is my code to create the view:

Code:
DROP VIEW IF EXISTS `Book`.`book`;
CREATE ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED DEFINER=`server`@`` SQL SECURITY DEFINER VIEW  `Book`.`book` AS select `view`.`Description` AS `Description`,`view`.`Size` AS `Size`,`view`.`Pack` AS `Pack`,`view`.`List` AS `List`,`view`.`Discount` AS `Discount`,`view`.`Net` AS `Net Price`,`view`.`NetBtl` AS `NetBtl`,`view`.`SRP` AS `SRP`,`view`.`GPM` AS `GPM`,`view`.`Vendor` AS `Vendor`,`view`.`Date` AS `Date` from `view`;

and i want to sort it from a-z (ascending?) using Description, not the ID. any ideas?

Views are not sorted. Do that in the SELECT query that retrieves rows from the view.

ok. how would i go about doing this in phpmyadmin export to pdf?

Sorry, I dont use phpmyadmin, I dont know how you would do that. Best to start a new thread with that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back