Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle9iAS Database Cache Configuration Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garoman

Programmer
Apr 17, 2003
US
I have installed on one PC both Oracle8i 1.7.0 and Oracle9iAS 1.2.2.0. In the course of installing the latter when i got to the configuration of the Database cache i recieved the following error report:
"Preparing the Origin Database
Installing PL/SQL packages
Retrieving the global name
Retrieving the character set
Retrieving the national character set

Configuring the Cache
Creating the Cache
Starting up the Cache
Setting up the Cache Listener
Connecting to the Cache
Verifying the Cache

Configuring the Origin Database
Generating a password
Creating user ORACACHE
Granting privileges to the ORACACHE user
Initializing the master site administrator
Creating the IINSTANCES$ table
Creating the SUSERS$ table
Locking the SUSERS$ table
Reading the SUSERS$ table
Adding an entry to the SUSERS$ table
Adding an entry to the IINSTANCES$ table

Configuring the Cache Communication
Associating the Cache to the Origin Database
Setting up the Performance Collection Cartridge

Configuring the Management Engine Component
Creating the Management Engine configuration file
Installing the Management Engine service
Starting the Management Engine component
Setting memory allocated
Setting disk allocated

Updating User List
Adding users to the cache
Adding users to the cache failed.
Reason: WTE-03501 Error updating list of users: Export failed on origin database.
OCI error - ORA-28575: unable to open RPC connection to external procedure agent
ORA-06512: at "SYS.WTCSYS", line 11
ORA-06512: at "SYS.WTCSYS", line 66
ORA-06512: at line 1

Processing failed."
How do I go about solving this?
Also, i have already installed on the same PC Developer2000/forms6i & report6i but when i was installing the 9i application server it attempted to re-install the forms and the reports but it failed along the saying with an error that " some of the developer files can't be read"
Do i have to de-install the developer2000 and install the 9iAs so it will install the included forms & reports? In this it seems am going to get access the runtime forms & reports only? what are ur comments/advice.
Thanks.

I don't know that this will help much but...

Did you use separate Oracle homes paths for each install? Not using separate Oracle homes often causes problems.

Also, I probably would not bother with the database cache and just leave it not working if everything works and stop the associated services. The purpose of the cache is to off load the work of the database to the machine running the cache... since they are one and the same I don't see the point. Also, Oracle dropped the database cache in 9iAS Rel 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back