Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle8i and Developer 6i

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmontilla

MIS
May 16, 2001
US
Hi all,
I have developed an application on developer 6i. I am using a Oracle 8i as DB. I want to use my application on a network. i.e. (WEB). Does anybody have any idea on how to do it.
Thnaks in adavance.

You need Forms/Reports Server (part of iAS). Regards, Dima

if u have installed dev6i then u must be having forms & reports server.there is a option -run report /forms on web.just check it.it helps u in running on web

I'm sorry i don't explaim very good...I want to configurate my PC (have win2000 Professional) for use or access my application via WEB (Browser)...

Thanks for all...

In fact you do not need any specific software on client pc, only a browser: your browser should be java-enabled to run Forms, though java plugin (JInitiator) may be installed from forms server itself. If your reports are generated into .pdf, you also need an appropriate plug-in from Adobe. Regards, Dima

I said what i have to install in my sever PC....no in client pc

Thanks for all...and happy new year

Server PC?! AFAIK PC stands for Personal Computer, that is opposite to Server. Though, maybe I'm wrong :)

To configure your Forms Server you may read %ORACLE_HOME%\TOOLS\DOC60\US\DEPLOY60\deploy60.pdf.
Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back