Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle8i and Developer 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlnoah

Programmer
Oct 19, 2000
NG
I have limited resources but want to use Oracle 8 and Developer on one machine. I have difficulty in installing Oracle8i and developer 6.0 on my NT machine in the same Oracle Home. Each time i try it gives a warning that oracle products are already installed. How can i get out of the situation.

First of all the hardware requirements should be met: At least Pentium 166, 64 MB RAM, 500MB HD space

Sequence of Installation Steps: Install Oracle 8i first to its own directory (home) then install Dev 6 on a separate home. You may need to create a new home dir using windows explorer before starting the installation.

If you have made a mistake and installed some of the software but you need to uninstall use the CD_ROM to deinstall but this will leave something from the dir . So you use explorer to delete the whole Oracle directory then
use regedit to clean the registry (be sure to make a backup before you do this).

You check on your startup menu, if under programs oracle for windows is there go to oracle installer. You will be shown which products are installed and if you do not want some that are installed highlight them and delete.

Thank you guys for your response to this question. I have folloed the suggestions and it did work fine. I now have all the tools i want on my NT machine. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back