Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Web Sever and Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratfry

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2001
US
We have an Oracle Web application that works fine with the IE browser(v6). The first time a customer connects to the application the Jinitiator(v1.15.21.1 and above tested) is downloaded and the application processes.

A few of our customers now want to use Firefox(1.5) as their browser. Firefox knows it needs a plugin but can’t find it so it tells us to install it manually. The same machine, with IE, works fine after the initial download.

What is Firefox trying to tell us. Can anyone give me some clues on what to try? Has anyone got Firefox working with Oracle Web server.

Thanks

Gary

I do have the lastest Jinitiator on the machine. Firefox keeps asking for the plugin and tells me to install it manually.

I can't find any information on how to install a plugin manually on Firefox.

What a mess.. Thanks

Please check note 285218.1 on metalink, it shows allthe various browser setups.

Bill
Oracle DBA/Developer
New York State, USA

Also, to manually install a plugin, put the dll, class, or exe in the following directory.

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

Then restart firefox and it will find the plugin.

Bill
Oracle DBA/Developer
New York State, USA

I give up. I can't make it work. Putting to much time in this..

We have Oracle 7.3.4 with Oracle apps 10.7 Old stuff.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back