Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Warehouse Builder - Unable to deploy mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravivarma

Technical User
Dec 3, 2002
IN
OS- Microsoft windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 2
OWB client---9.0.3.33.0
OWB Repository--9.0.3.0.1
Database--oracle 9i Enterprise Edition 9.0.1.3.1 with the partioning option Jserver Release9.0.1.3.0
OEM--9.0.1.0.0

I have created mapping between the source(oracle)and target(oracle)using Oracle Warehouse Builder. Mapping was validated, configured and it successfully generated the .Pls Package without warnings. when I try to deploy the generated mapping it throws the Oracle error:ORA-00942:table or view does not exist and SQL statement ignored.

If I see the status of generated .Pls Package Body in SQL*Plus it shows status as Invalid.
(
SQL statement is:
SELECT OBJECT_NAME,OBJECT_TYPE,STATUS
FROM ALL_OBJECTS WHERE OBJECT_NAME LIKE... etc.;
)
The above OWB copy was downloaded from the Oracle corp website. Is this version an evaluation copy? Alternatively Is this a beta copy ?

Please help.

Are your source and target in different schemas? If so make sure the schema where you are deploying explicitly has select access to the object in the other schema. Also, configure your mapping and make sure the schema names are set for each object.

HTH

Hi, there

I am trying to build up a warehouse using OWB, I have defined target schema, source schema, db link, connection, and mapping etc, all of them passed validation and generation without error, but when I try to deploy, I always fot the following error message:

Failed to connect to runtime platform, Please
checck you have provided the correct Host, user,
password and Service Name,
RTC-5301 The Runtime Service is not currently
available

I am using Oracle 9.0.1, OWB 9.0.4, and I think I set up OWB repository, runtime repository and runtime target schema properly.

Is there anything I missed, or something wrong. The deadline for the project is coming, I am going to be crazy. :(

I appreciate your help and suggestion very much

Donny

to donny,
maybe you forget create runtime environment, use runtime assistant.

Hi Ravivarma,

I got the same problem, i am using owb 9.0.2 and oracle 9.2, both are licenced versions, i created the mappings, validated, configured and generated without errors but when i try to run those mappings it shows errors, it seems just like ur problem right, but error number is different "ora-06550: line 1, column 8", then through otn site i came to know that the error number shows "The column doesn't exist". so now i am working on this problem if i find anything i will let you know, meanwhile if you could clear this please let me know.

you can catch me on vamsigoud@hotmail.com or 65-93898460.

Thanks in advance...

Vamsi

The use of database links when working with mapping it to allow you to import the meta-data/description of the object without having to manually enter the details.

When generating mapping for deployement you must remove these links prior to generating as the run time mapping/pls uses rowids, therefore database links are not supported.

In short database links are to obtain meta-data during development not to be included in generated mappings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back