Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Stored Procedures in DWUD4 or DWMX don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonGarlit

Programmer
Mar 12, 2003
US
I never could get DWUD4 command server behavior to work in with any oracle stored procedures. I thought this to be a bug. Just got DWMX. The same thing happens.

I know the stored procs and packages work. BUt in using the interface I get this classic message when I hit the TEST buttonon the command dialog box.

Unknown Error 0x800A0E7C
------------------------
Parameter Object is improperly defined. Inconsistent or incomplete information.

The basic test procs I've treid have been ones with a REF CURSOR for the out.
Plus one "in" variable either a number or a string.

both give me the same result.

When I select the the procedure with the procedure button in the beginning it fills everything in but the SIZE and DEFAULT. so I fill those in before hitting TEST.

But I get the error.

Very puzzled. Is it me.... Recordsets work fine. Command with STORED PROCs don't.

but the company I'm at is considering using DWMX. But they only use Oracle and EVERYTHING is a stored proc.

I must prove this works if I'm going to sell them on this. Recordsets are not and option.

Suggestion or examples as to what I'm doing wrong. I assume it's me not as MX gets me the same ressult as UD4

It's not you - I also have a problem using Oracle 8i and DWUD4 and stored procedures.
:-(

Blood, Sweat But No Tears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back