Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Server -Invalid User Id or password was submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

backupfrank

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2004
CA
I have configure on my server the BrightStore V9 Backup Agent for Oracle and I provide all Oracle Server account information (also NT account). When I fill the security information with a user who have SYSDBA equivalent privileges and password for my Oracle Server, i still got this message "Invalid User Id or password was submitted, if user ID is an NT domain account, please use Domain\Username". I am sure the user and password are valid and the DBA have also verified.

Thank you.

I am using version 9i of Oracle. I think, I will reinstall BrightStor Oracle Agent, but I am gone a register the SID of the Database during the installation process. I think when you make the SID registratrion after Brighstore Oracle Agent is install, that cause the problem? I have test with internal and system Oracle user and it doesnot work.

I wait for your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back