Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Report - Top and left margins

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBK

Programmer
Nov 1, 2002
US
I have report (mailing labels) that I need to start off at the top of the page.

I have the margin set at the very top of the page, but still have the first line starting approx 3/4 inches from the top of the page. This throws off the alignment of the rest of the labels.

Any help is always appreciated

Are you understanding margins the same way report designer does? Menu View-->Margin(check). If the upper margin is really stretched to the top, the next place to see would be the section size (is it the same as paper size) and printer settings.

Yes I understand report designer, I failed to mention that it works fine via client-server. The margins are only affected when deployed over the web via our application server.

The margin is stretched to the top adn the section size is the same as the paper size 8.5 x 11 and the printer is the same one I use for printing client-server.

Any other ideas

Are you generating PDF output over the Web? If not, try doing that.

Yes, I am generating PDF output

When previewing the report in Acrobat Reader, do you see that extra top margin, or it happens just on print?

I ended up scrapping the report and doing it over. It works fine now. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back