Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Primary Keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Greetings,

I have an Oracle Database with over 300 tables. How do I know what fields to link when building a report. I have been letting Crystal 8 do the linking for me but than I delete the links that I don't think are needed. Is there an easier way of finding this info out so I don't have to hit or miss each link. I am not sure if there is a data dictionary that could help me. Is there any programs out there (erWin?) that would build the dictionary for me? Thanks for all of the help.

Ken Hamady....The one and ONLY king of Crystal Reports. Thanks Ken for your years of contributions and your fantastic training. No one comes even close!!!

ERG

Wow...That's a huge DB. Well, there is a tool out there call ERStudio from Embarcadero Technology. You can use this tool to perform a revert-engineering process on your DB. It will create an ERD with the relationships that are defined in the database. You can download a trial version from Embarcadero site. I don't have the URL, but you can do a search on the Internet. What about your DBA? Hope this will help you out somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back