Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Patch 10.2.0.3 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby13

Technical User
Jun 18, 2003
GB
I just applied the patch 10.2.0.3 on my test environment which was running on 10.2.0.1. I stopped all the oracle services and changed them to manual. I then installed the patch. No errors were generated.

I then tried to restart the serviceslike tnslistner, DBinstance, DBconsole service on the server (windows 2003 server) and the services would not start.

"Error 1053: service did not respond or start to control request in a timely fashion"

When I try to run sqlplus I get the error:
"The procedure entry point kglsim_cln could not be located in the dynamic link library orageneric10.dl"

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Regards
Bobby

Check the following:

1) Made sure that the patch was installed in the same directory and the 10.2.0.1 Base.

2) Make sure that all Oracle services were shut down prior to patch install. (Also shut down the Distributed Transaction Coordinator)

3) Apply the patch to the database (i.e. catpatch.sql, etc.)

4) Check the install manifest (installed products) through the Universal Installer and make sure that the SQL*net versions 10.2.0.1 have been updated to 10.2.0.3

5) Make sure any anti-v irus software is disabled.

6) You can also try reapplying the patch. Copy the PATH environment variable into notepad or some text editor and save the file to your desktop, then remove all ORACLE references from it.

Save the file to your desktop.

Follow the suggestions I gave you and of course the ORacle instructions to the teeth. Install the patch again, reboot you computer and then copy the PATH environment string back into the windows variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back