Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle ODBC Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vr76413

Programmer
Feb 26, 2002
US
I intalled Oracle 9.0.1.3 ODBC along with 9.2 client on win98 Box. when i
try to create a ODBC Connection using that Driver, its blowing up.

Error says " Unable to connect SQLSTATE = 01000 The SQL Driver returned
invalid (or Failed to return). SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER:03.52"

I have no idea why its not going thru. ...Please any help is appreciated.

I have the same problem - but now how do I see the posts that answered his/her question?

The first thing I would try is to upgrade the ODBC driver. I believe ODBC 9.2.0.5.2 is available for download from Oracle's web site.

I think it's more likely, though, that your problem is in trying to run Oracle 9i on a Windows 98 machine. Your o/s is a little on the old side to be running the latest release of Oracle client.

Hi,
If you have more than one version of Oracle client software installed on that machine, then be sure your Oracle_Home is set to the v9 one before attempting to configure the ODBC DSN..

[profile]

It appears that you need to update your MDAC. The ODBC Driver Manager that's part of your current MDAC install doesn't know that ODBC 3.52 is a valid version of the ODBC API. You can grab the latest version of the MDAC from
Also, if you have the 9.2 Oracle client, you should be using a 9.2.0.x Oracle ODBC driver. If you're using a 9.0.1.x version of the Oracle ODBC driver, you should have the 9.0.1 Oracle client.

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back