Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Membership Provider -Could not load file or assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisat76

Programmer
Sep 25, 2007
US
I am trying to set up the oracle membership provider for my web app. My application connects to my database just fine.
I ran all of the oracle scripts to create the Oracle provider etc.
However if i try to login to the site or create a user, anything that uses the provider etc I always get this error

Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies.
The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Odd thing is I am using the Oracle data access in my connection string and it works fine for quering the database etc.

I set up a query for the ora users table and it worked fine even used it in a gridview the same connection string that is below.
It just doesn't work with the oracle membership provider or some other issue I am missing...

I have the oracle.web.dll in my Bin Folder and it is Version=2.111.7.20
Here are my relevent lines from my web.config

Code:
# <membership defaultProvider="OracleProvider">  
#       <providers>  
#         <remove name="OracleProvider" />  
#          
#          
#  <add name="OracleProvider" connectionStringName="OraAspNetConString"   <br>type="Oracle.Web.Security.OracleMembershipProvider" />  
#   
#       </providers>  
#     </membership>  
#     <profile>  
#       <providers>  
#         <remove name="AspNetOracleProfileProvider" />  
#       
#         <add name="AspNetOracleProfileProvider" connectionStringName="OraAspNetConString" <br>applicationName="/" type="Oracle.Web.Profile.OracleProfileProvider,  
# System.Web,  Culture=neutral,   
# PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342"  Version="2.111.7.20"/>  
#   
#       </providers>  
#     </profile>  
#    
#   
#     <roleManager defaultProvider="AspNetOracleRoleProvider">  
#        <providers>  
#           <remove name="AspNetOracleRoleProvider" />  
#         
#          <add name="AspNetOracleRoleProvider"  
#               type="Oracle.Web.Security.OracleRoleProvider,  
#              Oracle.Web,  Culture=neutral,  
#              PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342"   
#               connectionStringName="OraAspNetConString"  
#             applicationName="/" />  
#           
#        </providers>  
#     </roleManager>  

1. <connectionStrings>  
   2.   <add name="OraAspNetConString" connectionString="Data Source=xe;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=myusername;Password=mypassword;Unicode=True"  
   3.     providerName="Oracle.DataAccess" /></connectionStrings><br>

first:
Code:
<membership defaultProvider="OracleProvider">  
   <providers>  
     <remove name="OracleProvider" />  
     <add name="OracleProvider" connectionStringName="OraAspNetConString" type="Oracle.Web.Security.OracleMembershipProvider[b][COLOR=blue], Oracle.Web[/color][/b]" />  
   </providers>  
</membership>
and if that doesn't work
Code:
<roleManager defaultProvider="AspNetOracleRoleProvider">  
   <providers>  
      <remove name="AspNetOracleRoleProvider" />  
      <add name="AspNetOracleRoleProvider" type="Oracle.Web.Security.OracleRoleProvider, Oracle.Web[COLOR=red][s], Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342[/s][/color]" connectionStringName="OraAspNetConString" applicationName="/" />           
   </providers>  
</roleManager>

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

ok thanks, I will try that tommorrow...

I tried both of your suggestion and still get the same error

Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

any other suggestions??
Thanks

have you tried googling this exception message? There may be information on the net about this exact problem. The next step is to contact Oracle and get their support.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

I did, one of the first links brought me right back here :(
Ok I'll try oracle
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor