Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Line/Page sizings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDude

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2001
AU
When using oacle i have found that I have to set linesize and pagesize = 1000 everytime I open an oracle session , or the output is scrambled...

Is there a way to overcome this annoying feature in oracle , ie , set some sort of default etc etc.

Under your SQLplus directory you should find a glogin.sql script. This will get run by every user sqlplus session when it logs in, so you should be able to stick it in here.

HTH,

Mike.

This is a global setting correct...

How is it set on a user basis . I dont want all sessions having the same settings.

hi

In glogin.sql add this parameter.

set pagesize = 1000

U save that file, close it then login in your SQL . It definately works.

If not then get back to me

Perhaps some clarification would help. I'm assuming that the glogin.sql that needs to be modified is the one that resides on the Oracle client machine. That would make the customization effective only for the user(s) of that specific machine, making it far less than a global change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back