Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Export Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanAuber

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2000
FR
I'm currently running an export overnight that uses a parfile as follows:<br><br>Full=Y<br>File = /u01/cfxlive/export.dmp<br>Grants = Y<br>Constraints = Y<br>Userid = system/password<br><br>I want to change it to only export certain tables as it is getting too big. The tables are not owned by SYS, but by another user. Can I put the tables in the parfile to limit it, or is there another way ?? <p>Dan Auber<br><a href=mailto:DanAuber@aol.com>DanAuber@aol.com</a><br><a href= Auber's Home Page</a><br>

Do you want to export single schemas or tables? If it is the single schema you want to pull then the the par file should look like this<br><br><br>userid=system/password@&lt;tns_id&gt;<br>buffer=10000<br>file=&lt;pathto .dmp file&gt;<br>full=n<br>owner=(&lt;schema owner&gt;)<br>grants=y<br>indexes=y<br>rows=y<br>constraints=y<br>compress=y<br>log=&lt;path to .log file&gt;<br><br><br><br>

Likewise if you want only specific tables the parameter is tables=(table1,table2,...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back