Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle e-Commerce Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravelkm

Programmer
Jun 19, 2001
US
Hello:

Is anyone out there using Oracle's e-Commerce Gateway to conduct EDI business? If so, do you have anything that would help me determine which EDI segment maps to a corresponding Oracle segment?

I am using GXS' Application Integrator software for the mapping. We currently do 850s (inbound), 810s (outbound), and 856s.

Thanks for your help,
Kevin Gravelle

Kevin,

We're currently implementing eComm Gateway on Oracle Apps 11.5.8 with GXS. Looking for anyone out there to brainstorm/troubleshoot with. Please respond if you're willing to knowledge transfer. Big issue right now is DSNO not extracting for 856's.

Dawn

Dawn:

Thanks for your reply. Although we are still several months away from implementing the e-Commerce Gateway with AI, I am willing to "knowledge transfer" with you. Right now I'm just setting up the translations.

Did you purchase the pre-configured templates that GXS provided for the e-Commerce Gateway? If so, how did they work out? I'm doing everything from scratch, and boy, is it fun!!! :)

Kevin

Some guys said the oracle Ecommerce is only a repository. So Is that mean if I only have oracle ecommerce gateway, I have to buy a translator for EDI businesss (suppose I donot want to code for the format change)?

Any help is appreciated.

Tony

Tony:

Yes, you are correct. There has to be an intermediate process or program that will convert from EDI to Oracle's format and vice-versa.

Kevin

Hello:

Would someone please tell me the difference between the Oracle transactions of DSNO and GASNO?

Thank you,
Kevin Gravelle

We are currently setting up the Oracle e-Commerce Gateway. Does anyone have a sample incoming 850 thats been translated into the flat file, before it goes into Oracle? Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back