Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle driven app refuses new connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekskin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2003
GB
OK, this is confusing the hell out of me!

We have an application called Charisma, which is driven using an old Oracle client (6.1 I think).

The application is forms driven, and resides on a share on the File & Print Server (W2K).

The Oracle directory (Ora61) also reside here. We have a .reg file which inputs all the egistry entries for the drive mappings etc... provided by the software company, installed on the Citrix Server.

The published app on the Citrix servers call the ifrun60.exe program, and the command line then calls the form, with the windows state specified.

The application will be running fine for x number of users, but then if someone tries to open the program, it will log onto the Citrix Server, run the usrlogon.cmd, then there is a flash of screen (which is the ifrun60.exe program loading, calling the form, which does not load) and then the 'saving settings' screen appears.

I have manually called ifrun60 on the Citrix Server, and then specified the form and the windows state, username and password, and the ifrun60 program bombs out immediately.

However, if I call the program from a windows XP desktop with the registries set for dektop use, it works fine and allows access. This rules out a table lock in the database. It also rules out a form lock on the File and Print server. (I have check for file locks on the File and Print also,, and found none)

I have also checked the File Locks on the Citrix Server and can find none.

We created a new box with no other applications on it at all, and served the program from this box, but we still experienced a 'lockout'.

People who are in the application can continue to run without problem, and there is no indication as to when it will happen or why. The only wahy to get the application back again, is to get everyone to come out of the application, and then the program allows everyone to go back in again, until the next time.

Has anyone experienced this kind of issue, and do you have any idea on what steps I can take to try to identify the cause?

Running W2K full updates to SP3, XPa FR2, unlimited servers, 300 connections, no limitations on connections or number of copies of app running, no limit on number of copies of app running.

Kevin

what can I say, we have the same problem and are struggling to find an answer!

I assume you have plenty of licenses for Citrix, Oracle and the application?

When this happens, can non-Citrix users still run the application?

Hi,

For us, we have plenty of licences for everything..

I have profiled the app failing using dependency walker and this shows exactly where the app bails out, but without a hook into Oracle support it isn't much help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back