Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oracle database fit in server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

9iguy

Programmer
Aug 6, 2003
VE
Does anybody knows if oracle database can be installed in a server 2003 Operative System, I would like to migrate my OS 2000 server to 2003 server but I don´t know if I going to have any problems with my database connection or something like that.

I´m waiting for your help guys,

if it`s rightway would be great...

thanks.

thanks alexhu.

I asked this, because I´ve just installed it (2003 and oracle 9i rel 2, and all the instalation ended succesfully, but when I create the tnsname.ora in a client with the "sqlnet easy config" tool, it seem like it connect perfectly to the database but suddenly it gives me a ora-12203 error, and it last about 15 min or more like that, and it happens with no reason. I thought that it could be an imcopatibility of Oracle with this new OS.

if you know why this could be happening, it would be very helpful.

thank.

Is the listener running ?

Can you tnsping the database ?

Alex

yes it`s runnig and sometimes I can tnsping but sometimes cannnot.

It seem to hang but the tells me:

tns-12535: TNS: operation time out

yes it`s runnig and sometimes I can tnsping but sometimes cannnot.

It seem to hang (the tnsping) but then tells me:

tns-12535: TNS: operation time out.

is there a way to fix this?

Hi,
In general that type of error indicates that some
network problem is stopping communication between your client and the host server sometimes;since it works sometimes your configuration is probably OK..

Code:
TNS-12203 TNS:unable to connect to destination

Cause: Invalid TNS address supplied or destination is not listening. This error can also occur because of underlying network transport problems.

Action: Verify that the service name you entered on the command line was correct. Ensure that the listener is running at the remote node and that the ADDRESS parameters specified in TNSNAMES.ORA are correct. Finally, check that all Interchanges needed to make the connection are up and running.

Try a standard ping to the Database server to see if it is a Network and not an Oracle-related problem..

[profile]

thanks

I changed the name of the database server to the IP address and it is working well so far.

It seem there is another machine with the same name of the server in the network.

thank again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back