Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Archive Logs won't backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

juneau

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2002
US
Im using Arcserve 9.1 on a 2000 server and run nightly on-line Oracle 8.1 backups nightly, including the archive logs, but when I try and backup the archive files with the client agent, just to have another copy of them, it doesn't work. The directory gets backed up but for some reason the files themselves won't backup. Does this have something to do with the oracle agent locking them from a client backup. The job says complete with no erros.

I think with the lastest versions of BAB & BEB when the DB Agent is being used along with the Client Agent, the Client Agent will automaticly skip the database files that would normally be locked. You would have to run a second DB Agent job to get them again.

David is right. These files are skipped by default when you have both the client agent and database agent installed on the same machine. You can workaround this by editing the SkipDsaFiles registry setting in the client agent registry keys under . Set this Dword value to 0 instead of 1 and I think the files will be backed up.

regards

Thanks to both of you, after changing the SkipDsaFiles to a value of 0, it worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back