Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle and .XSD file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gux

Programmer
Oct 17, 2002
BE
I use Crystal Report .Net.

When I use the program on my development pc there is no problems, but when I deploy the application on client pc the program run until it try to open report. In fact the report has an .xsd file as database source, and when it try to open report it ask me database login informations.

Can sameone help me please ?

Gux

It sounds as if you're connecting to your datasource from your development pc via an ODBC datasource which is set up as a User DSN rather than a System DSN.

If you are connecting via ODBC, ensure that you have the same connectivity on both machines.

Naith

In fact situation is more difficult that it seems.

In my application I have a request to the oracle database to extract informations, and it works coorectly.
The problem appears when I try to open my report. It asks me server name, database, password... in a 'database login' box. All I can say is that the database type of my report is ado.net (xml). This one is correctly referenced in the 'Set Location' of the report, and it is created in my VB.Net code : DS.WriteXmlSchema(sXmlSchemaPath).

Maybe I gorget something ?

Gaëtan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back