Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle and CF debugging

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasparrelli

Programmer
Sep 13, 2000
US
I am having trouble debugging Stored Proc calls to Oracle from CF using CFStoredProc/ProcParam. Oracle traces will tell me which sp's get called and with which parameter names, but not the actual values being sent by CF. And CF will only give me query output, not SP output using its built in debugging (as far as I can tell). I am used to using SQL Trace in MSSQL for debugging, but am now developing in Oracle and am not sure how to debug with it and CF together. Any advice from Oracle developers out there? Even 3rd party tools that will give me like info to SQL trace? I am using a native Oracle connection BTW, not ODBC.

Thanks all for help. [sig][/sig]

Do a CFOUTPUT just before the CFSTOREDPROC to display what is being passed then use those values to call the SP in SQL*Plus. Any Oracle errors will show there. Hope this helps.

[sig][/sig]

Thanks so much for your reply, that is a good idea.

I am still a little concerned about how the datatypes and dbvarnames and such get passed, so it would still be nice to see truly what the whole statement is that gets created by cfstoredproc and cfprocparam. I am considering abandoning using cfstoredproc all together if I can't get a decent trace from Oracle and generating the sp call using cfquery, because then at least CF will tell me what syntax it is passing. Any thoughts on that idea? I just don't know how else CF/Oracle developers debug some of this stuff, (I just don't know of any good tools), someone out there must be doing something I don't know how to do yet. Any other trace tools out there anyone knows about? [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back