Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oracle agent (unix environment) installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

veroL

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
FR
HI,
I am trying to install an oracle agent (oracle version 8.1.7)(TNG agent version 2.4) on an HP unix machine. The TNG base agents (system agent, log agent, perf agent)were installed succesfully and seem to be working alright. The kernel parameters have the values specified in the CA installation documentation. The environnement variable SHLIB_PATH (for the oracle libraries) has the correct value in the $ORACLE_HOME/.profile as well as in the "root" .profile (I am doing this installation as 'root' user.) I have added the line "BEQUEATH_DETACH=YES" in the sqlnet.ora file (perhaps must i stop and start again oracle? or the unix machine? after having performed this change. The error message that i get during the installation seems to be related to that.)
I start the installation by issuing the following command: "./setuptng oracle". There is only one oracle database on the machine. The program asks me the value for the NLS_LANG variable: I let the default value; then, it asks me where i want to put the oracle agent's log file: i also let the default value; then it prints the following message "checking oracle Net8 client signal handling for database instance cfgscada." (NB: cfgscada is the name of the database that is on my machine) and then "incorrect credentials provided for the oraAgent81 agent". What does that mean? Can anyone help please?
Thank you in advance
Véronique

Based upon your error, it appears that the user that you are attempting to use to connect to your database server is the source of your issues. There is a set of credentials that must be created within the oracle database for the agent to be able to connect to the DB. It has been a while since i have used 2.4 but i seem to remember that the pdf that comes with the agents for 2.4 defines what kinds of credentials that the user needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back