Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 9i lite and Catalogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

diptiser

Technical User
May 12, 2002
IN
hi!
I am trying to create a catalog for the impromptu reports and i am using oracle 9i lite as the database. am encountering some problems.

does anyone have an idea whether there are compatibility issues of cognos 7.1 with oracle 9i lite database?

Did you get your issues resolved with Oracel 9i lite?

Mark Stewart
Consultants Club Corp.

Thanks for the information. but i do not have a problem with the Oracle 9i connectivity.
The problem is with oracle 9i lite.
I can create a catalog using the oracle 9i lite database. but while creating a report, the fields come on the screen. but while i need to retrieve data, it says that the cursor feature is not supported. we are trying to get help from cognos on this. We have not yet got a solution though. we are told that it works with the oracle 8i lite database. they have not tried it with the 9ilite database. we cant check it out with the oracle 8i lite database cos we do not have it.
anybody any thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back