Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 9i AS Installtion Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandukurip

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
US
Hi Every One,
I am trying to install Oracle 9i Application Server on Oracle 8i Personal Edition.

This is I am using:

Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional Education.
Login As: Administrator
Pre-installed Database: Oracle 8i Personal Edition.
Installation type : Typical
Version: Release 8.1.7.0.0

Oracle is running fine.

Then I try to install Oracle 9i Application Server on that.

I brought Oracle Portal Book, with that I got Oracle Application Server software, which contain 3 CD’s.

The title on the CD’s:

Oracle 9i Application Server Release 1.0.2.2.0 for Microsoft Windows NT (Disc 1 of 3)
Oracle 9i Application Server Release 1.0.2.2.0 for Microsoft Windows NT (Disc 2 of 3)
Oracle 9i Application Server Release 1.0.2.2.0 for Microsoft Windows NT (Disc 3 of 3)

Part# : A89496-01

I am using Oracle Universal Installer and I have given all the details for portal, Apache Listener, DAD, Wireless Edition and everything working fine.

After 45 min about 84% of installation is over I got a messages: Please insert Disc 2 in D:/

I put Disc 2 in D:/ and click ok. But after 1 min I am getting error message: wrong volume in Disk.
With 3 choices: 1. Try 2. Cancel 3. Ok.

No use if I press any button. I message is coming continuously. And finally Oracle Universal Installer not responding.

Please Help Me......

Thanks
Ravi Teja

Try to insert the first disk again

Ravi dude:

Oracle screwed up the markers on the disk set so it asks for a disk that was already in the drive and refuses the one you inserted when prompted. Here's what you do:

* Make three folders called Disk1, Disk2 and Disk3.
* Copy the CD's to the appropriate folder
* Start the installation from Disk1 Setup.ext

Once it's going you can walk away for an hour and the system will then find the next disk on it's own, without prompting you for it and the installation will be sucessful.

There will be an automatic attempt to connect to the database for creation of the Wireless user but you can bale on that with Cntrl/C. The portal installation can happen separately at the end.

You can invoke the Portal installation GUI when the 9iAS installation has finished using wtacca.bat (find that file then navigate to that dir at a command prompt and type wtacca.bat).

The six-step GUI will appear. The web cache 'as advertised' for that version is broken but it can be made to work - if you need info on that let me know.

NOTE: If you ever intent to Import a Portal to another 8.1.7 database, that db will have to be patched to 8.1.7.3.0 (the last 8.1.7 version). It's not possible otherwise (and it's a nightmare at best!)

rev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back