Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebat01

Programmer
Mar 7, 2002
US
We are looking to upgrade Oracke to 9i this summer and I was wondering if anyone knows of any problems I might encounter from the Business Objects products.

Thanks in Advance

Dudley

Depends which bit of BO your talking about.

We had some issues with trying to get Oracle 9i and Broadcast Agent & the Web Intelligence to work together.

But this further compounded by having other software that BO recommend you don't have together on the same server!

We didn't have any problems using 9i as a datasource.

Roger...

Those are the ones. We have Webi and Broadcast agent on their own server and the databases are on a seperate more robust server. The only other application that might get installed on the "webi" server would be Lotus Notes.
- dudley

I assume you mean simply putting the Lotus Notes client on the WebI server. Putting any Notes Server related stuff on it would be a disaster.

Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

Yes, just the client. The users want to receive an email that they have a report waiting in InfoView.
- dudley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back