Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 8i or Oracle 9i- Kindly suggest me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

shankark

Technical User
Apr 2, 2002
MY
Hi,
I'm a fresher to Oracle field(< 1 yr). I would like to do OCP Certification. I know Oracle8 certs have retired. Further i'm interested in Application Developer track. What shall i do??? Oracle 8i DBA or oracle9i DBA.
is it enough to do the preparation without attending a course @ institute.How can we do the preperations for the same??

Can anyone help me, if possible kindly mail the URL please??

Advance thx for your assistance. Warm Regds,
Shankar K.
***Deepest Rivers run in Silence ****
***We Cannot Direct the Wind, But We Can Adjust Our Sails****

Hi

U can do the Oracle 9i DBA certification.
No need to go for a training in an institute.
U can prepare with the books available especially for OCP exam.

All the best,

Cheers,
Usha

Hi Shankar,
I completed the OCP for developer without attending classes. Looking back on it I probably would have done the classes (as long as you have the money for it). The problem I encountered was that when a topic came up that the texts did not explain well enough I would have to search and search and search the internet for the answer. If I was in a class I could have saved precious time by getting the answer from the instructor.
If you do it solo, I recommend making use of the amazing tech people that donate their time on sites like this to help out.
Take care,
Adrian J Hull
OCP - Developer

Hi Shankar,
I completed the OCP for developer without attending classes. Looking back on it I probably would have done the classes (as long as you have the money for it). The problem I encountered was that when a topic came up that the texts did not explain well enough I would have to search and search and search the internet for the answer. If I was in a class I could have saved precious time by getting the answer from the instructor.
If you do it solo, I recommend making use of the amazing tech people that donate their time on sites like this to help out.
Take care,
Adrian J Hull
OCP - Developer

Hi Shankar,
Take care,
Adrian J Hull
OCP - Developer

Hi ShanKark,
I am in a similiar situation, but I 've heard that they will probably retired Oracle 8i OCP at the end of this year(on or before Dec.) so I guess if u think u can finish within this year... then go for 8i .. but I would suggest u do the 9i, more time, less exams(4 only).
I am also doing it on my own, don't have the money for it..so going to get a few books, and trying to get some exams simulator...well.guess good luck to both of us!!

Ronch

Oracle usually post a 6 month advance notice before they retire any test or track. As of today (6/5/02)they have not regarding Oracle 8i DBA.

Oracle 9i track is not complete now. oracle 9i DBA track is divided in 2 levels.

OCA Oracle certified Associate need only 2 test 1z0-001 or 1z0-007 AND 1z0-031

OCP DBA 9i u need the OCA certification plus u need to pass 1z0-032 & 1z0-033 (still not offered for testing yet, probabaly will be avilable mid 2002).

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back