Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 8 Limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

gardnena

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2001
GB
Hi,

I am trying to find out the 'limitations of Oracle 8' compared to other DBMS's.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find any info on these. I have tried using search engines, but they didn't seem to be much help.

Thanks,

Neil

you can find most of this information in tek-tips by using the advanced search option for each of the programmer groups your interested in, and using key words like size, limitations, etc. Those are the two words that have worked for me. I have not been able to find a single one stop source for this information although like yourself would find it useful. I'm sure its out there, just not sure where.

Follow this link to know 8i's limits, but not against any database.

You can use use google to check comparisons between databases or you can go to this site to compare performances of Database, transaction-wise.

Robbie

"The rule is, not to besiege walled cities if it can possibly be avoided" -- Art of War

I found this site that allows you to compare software packages from different vendors:

Caveats: The versions compared aren't always the most up-to-date, but the comparisons are very detailed. Also the database choices are somewhat limited.

Also, I suggested this site on the forum to someone else and he (or she) was unable to access the site - although other forum participants reported that they could access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back