Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oracle 8 client install on a P4 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

INBred

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2002
GB
Lo PPL,

I have a pentium 4 system and installed oracle8 client, when i go to run net8 easy config it throws up an error

"The application, C:\orant\jre11\bin\jre.exe, generated an application error
The error occurred on 10/29/2002 @ 12:31:20.945 The exception generated was
c0000005 at address 00010103 (<nosymbols>)&quot;

Has anyone managed to install and run this on a pentium 4 based system ????

I have tried the oracle support site but found no mention of bugs or fixes for running on a p4 :(

any help would be much appreciated !!!

Breddy

This smells like the Java related installation prob on P4's. Try FAQ186-1124 on this site.

tnx a million !!!! will see how it goes !

Do a find on *.cl. These files will be where you installed Oracle.
Open netca.cl. insert &quot;-nojit&quot; in fron of -classpath.
Do the same to netasst.cl.
This should let you open Net8 Configuration Assistant

Darwin

I think long-term I would prefer to re-install from a copy of the CD with &quot;symcjit.dll&quot; renamed - I hope that would mean that all the &quot;assistants&quot; would work, rather than fixing them one by one. (They are all OK on my P4/W2k).

well after more investigation it turns out that my release was 8.0.6. and the only way to get round this was the way dapi mentions renaming the &quot;symcjit.dll&quot; to a different file extension so that oracle would not use the .dll file and bypass it, allowing me to run the net8 easy config.

Thanks to every one for all the help !!

breddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back