Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oracle 8 and quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

djack2

Programmer
Dec 12, 2000
US
Once again I have to ask for someone's help on an oracle issue. I have a comments field on one of my pages and if you enter quotes in the field, it will not save the data.
I don't get an error, it's just that oracle won't save the
info. I have tried using a replace function to replace the quotes with the number code, but that does the same thing. Any thoughts?

it'll only save a portion of the field or it doesn't save at all? I would try to replace the "" with some kind of marker, like a ~ or something, and then when you pull back from the DB, replace the ~ with ". That's what I'd do, if I'm not understanding you, send me an email and I'll help you as much as I can.

-Ryan

I'm not familiar with the Oracle driver but I suspect that your quotes need escaping. If you replace them with just the numeric value with the #chr()# function, the database receives the same value. I would try replacing a single quote with two consecutive single quotes as I believe this is escape sequence works on Oracle.

GJ

Thanks once again, I'll give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back