Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 8.0.5 Client and MDAC Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulwitch

Programmer
Aug 24, 2001
I installed MDAC 2.7 on a Windows 98 second edition machine that was already running Oracle 8.0.5 client. When the machine rebooted from the installation, I was able to create a DSN using msorcl32.dll, and run my application.

When I logged off, and let another user login to try the application, I received an error that said to use this driver, I had to load Oracle 7.3 client or greater.

I uninstalled the client and MDAC, and reinstalled them and the same thing happened. It worked once, but when you logged off, it wouldn't work again.

I know that this client and mdac version will work together, because I have it running on another machine. I need to solve this problem, since this application is going to be distributed on several 98 machines.

Thanks in advance.

I still haven't found a solution. Should I post this question in a different forum? I need help here...

My DSN is a system one. I have isolated the cause? Well Sort of... the DSN works fine until I load Novell client software on the machine.

Once that is loaded, you can't log one user off and another one in and have them use the DSN. You have to reboot before a new user can access the DSN.

Even if the same user that logs off is just logging back in, they cannot access the DSN until they reboot.

I would like to find a real solution. Rebooting the machine each time seems messy.

"Rebooting the machine each time seems messy."

I don't have a solution, but I love your comment. It's a strong candidate for understatement of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back