Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 11.5.6 Features/Enhancements

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcasaccio

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2002
US
Hello! A client of mine is contemplating upgrading from 11.3.0 to 11.5.6 and I need to know what the enhancements are? Does anyone know on a high level what they are? Does a matrix exist that compares the different versions' functionality? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Jack

Note: I made a mistake on the versions. The client has 11.0.3 and desires 11.5.4.A.

Thanks

Hi Jack,

There is no matrix that I am aware of (we tried to find one when we did our upgrade) but see if the document at the following link provides the type of information you require:

We upgraded from 11.0.3 to 11.5.3 (11i) back in June 2001, and the changes to functionality in the modules we use was not huge (GL, FA, PO, AP, AR, CE, PA). Our users were able to change over quite easily between the two without any major re-training. The upgrade to 11i allowed us to install the localised Payroll for AU, which was the main point of our upgrade in the first place.

The user interface look and feel changes significantly between versions and is a lot nicer in 11i (although it appears to be a bit slower even though we upgraded our server hardware - I assume the desktop is the problem).

11i is reasonably stable once you get up to version 11.5.5. I would recommend upgrading to the latest possible version 11.5.6 or even 11.5.7 (when available) rather than 11.5.4. This will help avoid patching and support issues down the track. There are major changes in the underlying technology b/w 11.0.3 and 11i, so be prepared for a major upgrade effort.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Pearson Team Leader - Apps Development & Support
Queensland Investment Corporation
GPO Box 2242
Brisbane QLD 4000 AUSTRALIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back