Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPX Extensions on 2 Partner Systems/Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrickamp222

Vendor
May 8, 2006
US
I have 2 OPX / AT&T boxes that were working on 2 Merlin 820D systems. Removed Merlins and installed 2 new Partner systems. Hooked up both OPX"s and cannot make work. I was told they will work on the Partner. Does anyone know how to hardwire and program? Need to double check my work and to isolate problem,Thanks in advance for any help. The wiring is Ext from Partner to OPX Box, out to MPOE to other site MPOE into Line Port on other side Partner. Call Ext on site A to ring side B in Line Port?

I cant beleive that would work.

You had ext wiring for a merlin BIS phone on the previous system. Partner has different wiring. Maybe need a different OPX box??? I'm not sure though.

wiring should not be a problem, what you need for the Partner are Partner off premise range extenders for each station if you can find them

I was always told that OPX's won't work on a partner because the Tip and Ring on a partner isn't -48VDC. it is substantially less. Take your multimeter and measure it to make sure.

I am starting new thread. Found out the OPX boxes will not work. Was given bad info. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back