Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Optivity 10.1 Info Center "connection lost to host"

Status
Not open for further replies.

srnweng1

Technical User
Feb 6, 2003
US
All services are running and I can open other things such as Omni View but when I try to open Info Center the logon and java stuff all happens but when the Info Center menu comes up on the screen a prompt appears stating that "Error connection lost to host" and the screen closes. I have rebooted the server and tried with http browser as well as client on the server. There is noting in the release notes. Has anyone seen anything like this with Optivity 10.1 or any level of code?

Yes,I have encountered the problem.When this occurs,open the services folder under admin tools.restart the Optivity infocenter service. This should resolve your problem.

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Public Safety-DMV
Network Operations

You can also try running the supplied scripts in the program folder and link a schortcut to it on the desktop.

scripts are:
- optivity_apps (start/stop) (thought also restart, but not sure)
- optstatus -fe (output if processes are running)

This are "dos" commands, so run optstatus in a dos box.

The other problem it could be is with your Java client. I know that Optivity does NOT like Java 1.4. If you have installed 1.4 it will crash the server every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back