Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Optiset on HiPath 3XXX V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

juldal

MIS
Jan 26, 2005
DK
Hello

I know that Optiset phones arent supported anymore on Siemens HiPath systems V8. However it seems to work, does anyone know if all models will work, even the Optiset E memory with expansion modules?

kind regards

Juldal

I have HiPath 4000 v5 and the Optiset memory phone is not supported on there but the others still are, and I heard the next software release wasn't going to support them. So I would think it's safe to assume that if it may not have been supported in the previous version that it probably will not be supported at all now - with possible exceptions of the basic telephony features - after all, it does run off the same boards as all the other ones do.

The phone will probably give you dialtone regardless, but if it won't let you assign a button table that matches the phone it will be hard to set up the expansion modules, etc.

However, this answer is not based on any printed documentation :eek:)

Optiset phones can still be connected to Hipath3k V8 and normally are fully working. The issue is that if you face any problem then you will not be supported but you have to buy the new devices called OpenStage.
What type of expansion modules do you want to use?

I don't really care for the open stage phones - they are too "flat" for my and not comfortable to dial. I have a spacer block under the back of mine to give it a more comfortable angle. Do you think they can still use the optiPoint 500's on there? You can probably use an Optipoint 500 standard button table layout with the optiset Standard, Advance, and Advance plus because they are pretty similar 12-button layouts - the phones are also reasonably priced if you get refurbs. I still wouldn't think the expansion modules would work though, although you never know....

I know I'm in the process of putting optiPoint 500's on a Hicom 150, which is a step under the 3750 I think and they have you define them as optisets - for the 500 Advance plus you program 12 buttons on the phone template and the lower 7 on the first key module to get functions on all 19 buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back