Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Options when Mailbox is full

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsty

Technical User
Jan 7, 2005
US
Are there any options when a regular messaging mailbox is full ? Or is the only option to hear "the mailbox belonging to xxxx is full" ?

Thanks

Do you mean what an outside caller or someone trying to leave a message?

If so then there are no options. If the mailbox is full then it has no place to put a message. I would up the space for them or admonish them for not checking their mailbox more often.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

thanks for the reply Ken. I think the customer's concern is that the caller doesn't get to hear the person's personal or extended absence greeting. There's no option to play the greeting is there ?

think I found what happens here:

if you have an extended absence greeting on, callers hear the extended absence greeting, followed by "Your call has been forwarded to automatic voice message system, The mailbox belonging to xxx is full"

if there is not an extended absence greeting on, callers just hear "Your call has been forwarded to automatic voice message system, The mailbox belonging to xxx is full"
and do not hear the normal greeting..

thanks ken.

None that i know of. I think in the older software it did play the greeting and then it would tell you that the mailbox was full.

This caused a problem as you would listen to the greeting and it could be a long one and then you would find out that you can't leave a message and that ticked of most callers as they just wasted 30 seconds for nothing.

It does play the extended absence greeting before it tells you that the mailbox is full on my test systems.

What type of system do you have?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back