Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Options to consider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadySlinger

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2002
US
We're currently on the old Comdial telephone system and are FINALLY looking to updating. I've been asked to put together a list of options for the Execs to choose what they feel that they need with a new Telephone system/Voicemail system etc.

Unfortunately I'm having writer's block and keep drawing blanks. So far I have them considering call forwarding to cell phone vs. leaving voicemail; how many phones do we currently need, how much do we expect to expand in the next 7-10 years, number of hours the voicemail system can store.
Should I also list under "Do we need..." items such as paging, hold option, speed dial? i.e. the basics? I began looking at example RFPs, but those are summaries of what should be listed. I'll have to dig through my old college stuff and come across the exercise RFP we did.

But if anyone has any input that would very helpful! Thanks in advance.
LS

I have been in the industry for over a decade, and dealt with admin to phone system as a customer site administrator before that. I have never heard of them, and have done certified service on 30 systems from 6 manufacturors, as well as working here and there on others. Ask the vendor how many hundred he has installed. Another good question might be asking for a reference from their installed customer who has one in place, which is twice the size of yours. A good reference has been installed for twelve months and has gone through some upgrades, and expansion since the install. I would also look at the used market for their equipment, that shows longevity of their product. 15- 20 years after new and still selling as used is a good standard for establishing quality.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back