Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option11 Clocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc75959

Programmer
Aug 19, 2004
US
Configuring PRI between option11(21.07) and asterisk voip server. Using SDI/DCH card and DTI/PRI card.

When building DCH on the option 11, I do not get the CLOK prompt. When adan is printed it shows the default of EXT.

Asterisk specs say option 11 CLOK should be INT.
NTPs state state that CLOK is prompted for ISL D-channels and ESDI synchronous ports. Other D-Channels are set automatically to EXT.

NTP also states that internal clocking is used only during D-channel loopback testing. Default for ESDI AML ports is INT.

The question is how do I set the CLOK to INT?

Thanks!

In the DDB. Just leave it with no PREF(primary reference) this will set it to freerun. Do you have a CC card?? You didn't mention, you may already have one on another T1 card.

the opt 11 cannot be internal if you have a t1 (pri) back to the tdm.. if you clock off of your ld carrier with your local provider, any pri past that will clock off of the switch.. without an external clock ref your going go get slips and those ckts will fail... the book should sya not to clock off of the voip server.. they are set to clock off of you, as long as that pri is not in the ddb, it will look internal to the voip server..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hello citytech, were you able to resolve this? I have ran into the same problem with not being able to set the clocking to internal.

Hi citytech, pbxnewman
I've been trying to connect an Asterisk box to a test 11c (23.47 in the UK), using Digium TE405P quad span PRI card. Not had any luck at all, any chance you can post your Meridian config if you managed to get it working. Thanks.
Steve

Sorry- this project has been put on hold. We have not made any further progress.

may get a few unique prompts but i would try qsig on any non-nortel product.. i've used this one on several interfaces as well as at least a dozen other techs that used this config... it's pretty clean if the far end can qsig, this one will talk to it..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the response, tried qsig but no joy, we're now going to try a different pri card in the 11c, one that runs euroisdn, the digium card can run this as pri_net so should be ok.
Regards,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back