Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option Buttons in Excel2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

yummy7

Technical User
Jun 2, 2006
CA
Creating a form, I have made serveral group boxes, how do
get these boxes to not interact with one and other.

Group 1 = Yes
No

Group 2 Lost
Damaged
Obsolete

Group 3 New
Used
Rebuild

I want to click one option in each group. Now, when I
click "Yes" in group box 1 and then click "Lost" in group
box 2, the option button "Yes" in Group 1 disappears.

Thanks

Are you sure that your option buttons are completely contained (including extra white space) within the group? I can't replicate this issue in 2003...

Ken Puls, CMA

In Excel 2002

Enclose your option buttons in a frame..

Frame 1
Option 1 - True
Option 2 - False

Frame 2
Option 1 - False
Option 2 - True

Hi teebird
where is frame option/tool.I didnt find it.

Hi Yummy,

Sorry, I thought when you mentioned groups, that you'd already dealt with the frame.

First, did you create your option buttons from the Forms Toolbar? (Not the Control Toolbox Toolbar). If not, nuke them and make them from the Forms toolbar.

On the Forms toolbar, the 3rd icon from left (or 2nd down on left if you have it floating) is called a "Group Box". It looks like a little square with "xyz" at the top. Make one group box for each group, and place the appropriate option buttons in there. Make sure that the option buttons are completely enclosed within the group box (frame) though.

HTH,

Ken Puls, CMA

However, if they have been created from the Controls Toolbox, you can set the Group Name property of each option button. Each Group Name will be associated with each other and act in the same exact fashion as what Ken metioned (the Frame).

Regards,
Zack Barresse

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. What is a MS MVP? PODA
- Leonardo da Vinci

you can set the Group Name property of each option button. Each Group Name will be associated with each other and act in the same exact fashion as what Ken metioned (the Frame).?
Please explain more that how we can set Name property of group.

Right click the ActiveX control, select Properties, in the Group Name property, just to the right of it, type the name of the group. For group Yes/No, enter one group name that matches for both. For group Lost/Damaged/Obsolete, enter another group name which matches for all. Do this for all option buttons you want to group together.

Regards,
Zack Barresse

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. What is a MS MVP? PODA
- Leonardo da Vinci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back